Friday, February 22, 2008

The day before vacation

Why is it the day you leave on vacation is always stressful! There are so many things to get done - pack, finish up work, clean up the house, etc. It seems like we always leave mid to late afternoon, so I spend the morning scrambling around trying to get ready. Sometimes I wonder why I do it!! But then, once we are officially on the road (plane, car or whatever) I get such a sense of relaxation and happiness that I realize the extra stress was worth it. For a few days we get to do what we want to do when we want to do it. To me, that freedom is pure happiness - hence why I named my blog "saving money and being happy" - I feel that the more money we can save the less I can work and the more time I'll have to create happy moments for myself and my family.

So, when we return, I'll share some of the things we did on vacation and how we saved some money doing it!

No comments: