Monday, December 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday and Monday musings!

First snow day of the year - so early! I can hear the kids downstairs playing together while my hubby keeps an eye on them so I can work. It's fun to hear them negotiating their play ("How about you be Robin and you can save me . . .").

I have lots of last minute Christmas things to tie up this week, so I'm going to try something new for dinners. Rachael Ray (I know, you love her or hate her) has a new show on the Cooking Channel called "A week in a day" where she makes five meals in one afternoon/evening. I've taped a few of them on the DVR and finally watched one the other night - looks like some great recipes and since I have nothing going on this evening - I'm going to give it a try. Best part is that I have most of the ingredients on hand - thanks to our cow and pig in the freezer all I have to buy meat wise is some crab. So, this week's meal plan is courtesy of Rachael Ray - I'll post next week on how it went:

Monday - pulled pork tacos

Tuesday - Crabcake mac & cheese (I'll make a small dish plain for the kids), spinach

Wednesday - Date night

Thursday - Ratatouille

Friday - Meatloaf & Couscous

Saturday - Christmas Party

Sunday - Pork Ragu

Sounds yummy right? Plus a nice variety of meals - since I love to cook, I'm eager to try this out. All the recipes can be found at The Cooking Channel

For more great menu ideas, check out Organizing Junkie!

No comments: