Thursday, May 27, 2010

School's out for summer!

Hard to believe school is out for the summer already! My daughter just finished Kindergarten and will be heading to first grade in the fall. Wow!

Yesterday she brought home a folder with all of her writing prompts. They were in order from the first to the last. Although I dearly wanted to go through them all, I didn't - I gave the folder to my husband and asked him to make it into a book. He just brought it home and it is the perfect way to remember the year and see how my daughter has progressed.

I've been keeping assorted papers and projects in a file folder (dating them as I go) and I may just make one more book for those - then I'll have two organized books representing her first year of school. They don't take up much room, but tell a fantastic story - and I can place them right on a bookshelf to enjoy frequently instead of put away in a box somewhere.

No comments: