Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Don't drive yourself crazy chasing deals!

It is so easy to get caught up in the deal chasing madness! I know, I've been there. A few years ago, I was running to CVS or Walgreens almost every day. Finally, after I realized I had almost 20 bottles of body wash, I decided it had to stop. So, I set myself up a schedule and now I make 1 trip to each store each week.

My schedule:
Saturday night after the kids go to bed, I run through a short list of blogs (3-4)to find the best deals at CVS and Walgreens. I write out my list, gather my coupons and set my bag by the door. After church we stop at both stores on the way home. This works well for me - it's not out of the way, I spend maybe 30 minutes shopping and the deals are typically still in the stores.

Yes, I miss out on some deals people discover later in the week, but unless it's on something we need, I just let that deal go - there will always be another. We still have enough body wash to last us all year (and have some to donate), but I'm spending less overall, still having the fun of the bargain find, yet not spending too much time preparing for deals and shopping.

No comments: