Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend recap

Well, as promised, here is my weekend shopping re-cap. It was a lot of fun gathering deals and since the weather was rainy and cold a good day to do so.

After church Sunday we took the kids to the Children's Museum - we have an annual membership, so no cost to us, but what we didn't know is that it was a free public day - wow was it busy - I've never seen it that crowded. We stayed for a few hours and then couldn't stand the crowds. Saved $4 on the carousel ride with our membership, but nothing on admission since it would have been free regardless.

We dropped off food for my grandparents and then ran into Trader Joe's for peanut butter (I'm working on cleaning up our eating and their peanut butter has two ingredients - peanuts and salt versus the many unpronounceable ingredients in the national brands). Spent $1.79 per jar, so more expensive than the grocery with coupons, but a lot less than other natural peanut butters.

Then hit Penzey's for my free spice from the catalog - saved $3.99 on Northwood Seasoning - sounds like a fun one for grilling this summer!

Next was lunch at Don Pablo's - we had a $10 Anniversary credit from our Habenero's card, so with splitting one meal and one kid's meal, our bill came to $4.35. We left a $10 since the waiter did such a great job - so saved about $10 total.

Now came the really fun part. We stopped first at Aeropostale and I picked up a cami and panty for $.91. My husband helped my daughter pick out two necklaces and paid a total of $2.14. The coupon stated one per customer versus one per household, so we felt okay about each using one.

Next stop, Kohl's. I picked up a pair of workout pants (Fila) on sale for 60% off for $14.40. After my $10 coupon and 15% off coupon, I paid $4.02.

A quick stop into Victoria's Secret netted me two pairs of panties (one free with coupon and one with my $10 mystery card) for $3.38

Last stop on the spree was JCPenney - here my husband picked up two pairs of boxers for $1.97.

All in all, we spent $26 out of pocket for everything (including museum stop, lunch for all four of us amd items purchased), and our savings was: $67.99!!! Plus, we had a blast!

No comments: