Thursday, July 22, 2010

Super Simple Veggie Dip

Yesterday one of my daughter's friends was over for lunch. Trying to get anything healthy into most of her friends isn't easy, but I knew this one liked carrots. So, I sliced up a bunch of veggies (including carrots of course!), and prepared this simple dip. I love it because it contains fresh ingredients from my garden, and no preservatives or artifical flavoring. The kids love it because it's good!

Pesto Dip (aka Veggie Dip):

1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
1/2 c. organic lowfat sour cream
2 T. pesto

Mix it up, let it sit for the flavors to blend and enjoy with veggies, crackers or bread.

I make the pesto myself in the summer when my basil plant gets out of control and then freeze it in 2 T portions to use all winter (or for quick dips). This batch included sun dried tomatoes which made for a wonderful veggie dip! Enjoy!

Go to Pennywise Platter Thursday for more great frugal recipes!

No comments: