Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

A day late, but better late than never right?

Tuesday - fish tacos (my favorite and since Alaskan cod is on sale at Whole Foods!)
Wednesday - date night
Thursday - chicken noodle soup (w/ homemade broth); sourdough bread
Friday - hamburger zucchini stir fry (from Family Feasts for $75 a Week)
Saturday - out or sausage & cabbage (from same cookbook)
Sunday - chicken stir fry over brown rice

Often if I need some inspiration for my meal plans, I'll sit down with a cookbook or two and select a few new (or old favorite) recipes. That's what I did this week. It's actually quite fun for me - I love reading (and collecting cookbooks). I haven't made either of the recipes from this cookbook yet, but I love the style of writing, they sound delicious and I have all the ingredients on hand!

If you'd like more menu ideas, visit Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday!

No comments: