Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Daily Deal Tips






I know we all love to save money - who doesn't. And those daily deals are so exciting! 50% to 75% off! Hold me back!

However.

If you don't use the deals, or don't need the deals, you aren't saving money - in fact you are WASTING money. So, before you jump in, I'd suggest the following:

1. Keep a running list of the deals you have purchased and when they expire. That way you won't be scrambling at the last minute to book an appointment or use up a Groupon. I've found that a simple list by date of coupons purchased sitting on my desk works well. Then, when I plan out each month's goals, I check over the list and see what I can/ want to use that month. Just make sure to keep your list up to date.

2. Think before you purchase. That $10 may not seem like much, but if you purchase one a day, it really adds up - $70 by the end of the week! Ask yourself the following:

- do I need this?
- is it something I've wanted to try or do?
- would I purchase it without a coupon?
- can I afford it? If you can't afford an extra $10 now, DON'T spend it!!!

3. Don't buy right away. Wait a few hours to give yourself time to get over the excitement. Yes, you may miss a deal or two, but that's pretty rare.

4. Talk with your spouse and/or friends. Just because you find something exciting or fun, if it's a group deal, they might not. Then you end up with no one to go with (been there, done that!).

By keeping these things in mind, you can easily purchase only the best deals for YOU and YOUR family and feel good about letting the others get away.

Even with a few mistakes here and there, overall I've really enjoyed these daily deals and had some really fun experiences I wouldn't have had without them, so I truly am a fan!!! Just proceed with caution and you can add some fun and money saving measures to your life.

In addition to Groupon, my other favorite site is Living Social - click on the link and you'll get an automatic $5 on your next deal for signing up!

Note: signing up through the above links is through my referral - please feel free to go directly to the site if you are more comfortable with that option.

No comments: