Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Deal of the week!

I did terrific at both CVS and Walgreen's this week.

CVS:
I had a bunch (like $45) of ECB's to use up, so I made a big trip to CVS Sunday. I purchased all the monthly ECB deals which was nice, so I ended up with the products and new ECB's. I also did a few of the weekly deals on items I needed:

Cottonelle Toilet Paper - big pack get a $4 ECB
Bounty Paper Towels - no ECB, but $6.99

When I scanned my card I ended up with a $10 off $50 coupon, and since I had so much to spend I did very well.

Walgreen's:
This was a great stock up sale for me:

Buy 8 Ragu pasta sauce and get $10 on your next order (Register Reward - RR)
Buy 8 Skippy peanut butter's and get $10 on your next order (RR)

You can mix the two promo's together. Since I didn't want to clear the shelves I went to two different Walgreen's and bought 4 of each. I used $.40 off coupons on Skippy and $.75/2 coupons for the Ragu. Both were in Sunday's paper. I also used a $5 RR I had from the Pepsi promo last week. So, now I have enough peanut butter and pasta sauce to last us probably the rest of the year, and $20 to spend next week. Unless there are spectacular deals, I'll probably use the $20 on the monthly Walgreen's rebates.

No comments: