Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Deal of the week!

I did terrific at both CVS and Walgreen's this week.

CVS:
I had a bunch (like $45) of ECB's to use up, so I made a big trip to CVS Sunday. I purchased all the monthly ECB deals which was nice, so I ended up with the products and new ECB's. I also did a few of the weekly deals on items I needed:

Cottonelle Toilet Paper - big pack get a $4 ECB
Bounty Paper Towels - no ECB, but $6.99

When I scanned my card I ended up with a $10 off $50 coupon, and since I had so much to spend I did very well.

Walgreen's:
This was a great stock up sale for me:

Buy 8 Ragu pasta sauce and get $10 on your next order (Register Reward - RR)
Buy 8 Skippy peanut butter's and get $10 on your next order (RR)

You can mix the two promo's together. Since I didn't want to clear the shelves I went to two different Walgreen's and bought 4 of each. I used $.40 off coupons on Skippy and $.75/2 coupons for the Ragu. Both were in Sunday's paper. I also used a $5 RR I had from the Pepsi promo last week. So, now I have enough peanut butter and pasta sauce to last us probably the rest of the year, and $20 to spend next week. Unless there are spectacular deals, I'll probably use the $20 on the monthly Walgreen's rebates.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Hey,

I found you via Frugal Hacker.....

My husband and I have started a website called www.weusecoupons.com. I'm creating a blog wall, full of useful blogs that have a frugal christian perspective! We have lots of blogs that are already on the wall like deal seeking mom, attention target shoppers, and many more.

If you're interested in placing your button on our wall, let me know!!

All we ask is that you place a link to our site in your links area.

Here is the blogwall url:
http://www.weusecoupons.com/index.php?pageid=blogroll

We also have created a coupon database with YUI technology (LoL I don't know what that means but my husband raves that it's the best thing since sliced bread lol)

If you have any questions please shot me an email!

Blessings,

Lacy