Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Deal of the week!

Per request, I posted the method we used for our deep dish pizza in the comments under yesterday's post . . .

This week I had a fun time at CVS, Walgreen's and Kroger!

CVS:
I got lucky and had a $10/$20 coupon for a new CVS that opened near our house - so I used that and bought 8 packs of Huggies wipes, also using 8 $.50 coupons and paid with ECB's. After the $5 ECB I got back it cost me $1.00 for 8 tubs of wipes! I was super excited because we were almost out of wipes.

Walgreen's:
Using the B1G1 free Hershey/ Special Dark coupons in Sunday's paper, I ended up with 12 free candy bars - 6 regular Hershey bars in the freezer waiting for summer smore's and 6 Special Dark in the pantry to be used in place of baking chocolate. I combined that coupon with the B1G1 free coupon in the Walgreen's ad. I purchased some other items (the monthly rebate deals) and didn't have any issues with the coupons.

Kroger
I did a few of the buy 10 items, get $5 off your order, but my favorites were the Rotel tomatoes - they were $.87 and I had $.30 coupons, so ten of them were $8.70 minus $6.00 in coupons then minus another $5.00 for the deal - so I came out ahead on those - plus we use the tomatoes like crazy! My other favorite was Kraft shredded cheese - it was on sale for $1.99 a bag, and there was a blinkie right in front of it for $.75 off a bag. So, ten bags were $19.90 minus $5.00 and then minus $7.50 for a total of $7.40 or $.74 a bag. I stuck them in the freezer so we'll be set for pizza and mexican nights for a while.

No comments: