Monday, August 1, 2011

What's stopping you from pursuing your dream?

I often post (and talk) about this topic - life is short, and I truly believe we should make the most of it.

However, it's easier to talk about it than to do it. So, this week, I made a big leap of faith. As I've often mentioned, I have a good job that pays the bills and gives me a lot of flexibility, but I'm not passionate about it.

So, what to do? Just look at it as a job? Or take a risk and try something new? For the past few years I've tried to convince myself to just do the work, love the benefits and focus on the rest of my life. But . . . I wasn't energized, I dreaded working and I was always wishing for that "out."

I decided to look at my passions and see if there was a way to earn a living with them.

First, my passions:

My faith
My family
Saving money
Having fun
Health and nutrition
Reading and learning

Most of the opportunities that encompass these topics I came across didn't pay well - and maybe that isn't the most important thing, but if I'm going to get my family on board, I have to at least make enough money to cover most of my current job. So, I started brainstorming around these passions . . . what did I come up with? Stay tuned and I'll continue this LONG post later this week.

No comments: