Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cranberry Zucchini Bread

I used to only make this at Christmas - because of the pretty green and red colors, but it is actually my favorite zucchini bread, so now I keep cranberries and shredded zucchini in the freezer so I can make it year round.

The recipe is loosely based upon a standard zucchini bread recipe from a Taste of Home magazine, but I've made so many changes over the years . . .

Cranberry Zucchini Bread(makes 2 loaves)

3 cups of flour (I use whole wheat)
2/3 c. sugar
2-1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. nutmeg
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. oil (I use coconut)
3/4 c. applesauce
1 T. vanilla
1 c. chopped fresh or frozen cranberries

1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs; add zucchini, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry just until blended.
4. Fold in the cranberries.
5. Pour into two loaf pans, bake at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.

No comments: