Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fun and inexpensive date night!

Last night was date night - we haven't had regular ones this summer, but now that schools in full swing, we have one of our moms watching the kids a few days each week - that means date night without the sitter costs!

I needed to go to Trader Joe's for a few staples - I know, not the most exciting evening, but a whole lot more fun with just my spouse than the whole family! It's a bit of a drive, but luckily I had a gift card in my stash for Bonefish Grill. Plus, on Wednesday nights they have $5 Bang Bang Shrimp (YUMMY!) and $5 drink specials.

So, we sat in the bar, ordered two Bang Bang Shrimps, a drink for me, and water for both of us. Including tip, our total was $20. My $25 gift card covered the cost with $5 left for next time!

I keep a stash of gift cards in my car and we often look at them first when we feel like going out. It saves a lot of money and since most of them were free or discounted to start with, makes for cheap or free outings.

No comments: