Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Day Project: Day 4






Books, books, books - we have them in EVERY room in our house.

I love books, I love to read and I love that my kids both love it as much as I do. My husband . . . that's a different story. I often say I wonder how I ended up married to someone who doesn't like to read - craziness!!!

This day's project
touched my heart. Please go look at the post to learn more about it. There are two parts - one to give a book to a friend, and the second to donate a book to The Joyful Life Library. I was very excited to see one of my local hospitals on the list, so that was an easy donation - Mike Mulligan went out to them. I remember reading it with my brother as a kid and loving it, and my son loves it as much as I did. Hopefully my little donation will help other kids get as much enjoyment out of story time with this book as our family has.

The Joyful Life Library has made it so easy to stock the PICU of various hospitals - they have links to wish lists on Amazon, so it's just pick a book, pay and it will end up right where it is needed.

I have to say, midway through I am really enjoying this project. It is a great way to practice gratefulness and giving. Also a terrific example for our children. I think this is something that would be a good weekly goal - pick a project each week and donate/ share/ etc. I'll be thinking more on that!

No comments: