Monday, December 26, 2011

Preparing for the New Year - Day 2

Did you get through all your returns? We were done by noon and it was such a GREAT feeling!

Day 2:

Clean out some stuff! Today, my suggestion is to do a quick survey of your house and see if there is anything you can eliminate - take to Goodwill or sell. I wouldn't spend hours going through your whole house, but I bet if you walk through each room and look around, you can get rid of quite a few things you are no longer using, don't really like or just don't need.

Then, bag them up and take them straight to Goodwill (or at least put them in your car for the next time you head that direction), immediately tag them and store for a future garage sale, or list on Ebay or Craigslist.

A little less clutter and a little more cash (or at least one more tax write off for 2011) is a great way to prepare for 2012.

I won't have a post tomorrow, but I will have a few more suggestions Thursday - let me know how much you were able to clean out!

No comments: