Friday, December 30, 2011

Preparing for the New Year - Day 4

Are you enjoying your clean frige? I know I am. In fact, we decided to try something new this year for the freezer. We are lucky enough to have a freezer in the basement, so we decided to keep the upstairs freezer strictly for food we will eat in the next two weeks. Things tend to get lost in it and I end up throwing them away, so hopefully this will help. Downstairs will be storage, and upstairs will be food to be eaten quickly.

Day 4:

Clean out your pantry. Bet you knew this one was coming! I almost always do this on New Year's Day - I'm not sure why, it just happens that way. Same as the fridge, start at the top and work your way down. Pitch anything that is expired, organize by category (baking, snacks, breakfast, etc.) and consider throwing away (or giving away) anything you deem as unhealthy.

I have been slowly eliminating processed food from our diet, so this will be my final removal of most of it from the house.

I know my pantry is a mess, so I'd better get downstairs and get started now! Good luck!

No comments: