Thursday, December 29, 2011

Preparing for the New Year - Day 3

How much did you clear out? I took a bag of items to Goodwill and listed about a half dozen on Craigslist. I also filled up a rubbermaid container with items for our next garage sale (already tagged and ready to go!). Felt great and the house looks much cleaner without as much clutter!

Day 3:

Clean out your fridge. Today, we'll jump into an area that I know needs cleaned out regularly at my house - the fridge!

This is how I'm going to do it: First, I'll take everything off of the top shelf - check expiration dates and toss anything that is expired. Then I'll clean the shelf and put the items back on that shelf (if they belong there - otherwise they stay on the counter). Next, I'll move on the the next shelf and so on until the shelves are finished. Finally I'll do the door. If there are items that can be combined (i.e. two jars of mustard), I'll combine them.

Once the fridge is finished, I'm going to move on to the freezer and follow the same process. As I'm checking items, I'm also going to make a note of things that need to be used up (literally make a note on a piece of paper). Then, when I plan the menu for next week, I'll be sure to include those items.

Stand back and admire your clean fridge!!!

No comments: