Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas joy!

I love Christmas time - everything about it from the sights to the smells! This year, I finished my shopping (and wrapping early) and plan on spending the month of December enjoying my family and this special time of year. As I've put some thought into it, I realized there is a lot I can do without spending much of anything. Some of what is on our agenda:

1. Baking Christmas cookies
2. Looking at the Christmas lights
3. My daughter's Christmas program
4. My "book" Advent calendar - I wrapped up (using scraps of wrapping paper), all of our Christmas books that I had packed away with the decorations. We had well over 25. Each day, my daughter opens one and we read it together.
5. A few neighborhood Christmas parties
6. Christmas Eve with the Grandparents
7. Decorating the house
8. Delivering cookies and homemade cocoa (or spiced Chai) to our friends
9. Baking some special goodies for my Grandparents
10. Church services filled with Christmas music!
11. Listening to Christmas music in the car
12. Popcorn and Christmas shows before bed
13. Some fun Christmas crafts with the kids
14. Christmas at the Zoo and a day at the Children's Museum (using our memberships)

So, aside from a bit of money for ingredients and maybe a Starbuck's splurge during our Christmas looking at lights drive, I don't anticipate spending anything at all this month!

No comments: