Thursday, December 4, 2008

November recap

Time for my November recap! You'd think that since November was all about me, it would have been easy to accomplish all my goals - but you know, how life gets in the way . . .

1. Select and start a new personal improvement book. I found some I really like and have been working through (although not each day), The Total Mom Makeover by Hannah Keeley. I do think I'll try to pick a new book every month or so next year.

2. Take some time each week to relax. I did a little better in November than usual, I did go to the coffee shop once to just sit and read blogs, and I did a little shopping all by myself! I also went to the movies with a girlfriend one night - something I love to do and NEVER do.

3. Get up earlier. Much better at this than in previous months. I've been going to bed at a reasonable time and if I get up earlier the day goes so much better! I'm still not up before the kids, but my little guy is such an early riser (and light sleeper!)

4. Make my office more of a "haven". No real progress - maybe January?

5. Take better care of myself - consistent work outs, watching what I eat, etc. Much better job - I've worked out more days than I didn't and I've been doing less snacking - I haven't "seen" the difference, but for the holidays, maintenance is good enough for me!

All in all, a productive month. December's focus is Christmas!!! More about that one tomorrow.

No comments: