Friday, March 21, 2008

Walmart Savings

Well, although errand day was Wednesday this week, I had to go downtown today for work. Since I was driving right by, I stopped at Walmart (where I almost never shop) and bought the following: 1 Honey bunches of Oats cereal with chocolate clusters, 2 betty crocker frostings, 2 fast fixins dinos and 1 ziplock freezer bags. Grand total: $3.30. I was very proud!

We had a fun and frugal evening at our neighbors. We put together an egg hunt for the kids - I used all the free candy I've gotten at CVS and Walgreens lately. Then we grilled out - I provided a dessert and nice big salad out of ingredients from our weekly list. Didn't spend a dime. In fact my total spending for the day was my $3.30.

Tomorrow's goal is going to be to have a fun day without spending anything!

No comments: