Well, Spring Break is over and we had a great time - my DH proved to me you don't have to go far to have fun! To recap, we did some of my top ten list and some other things too!
1. The kids spent a few days at Grandmas and DH and I drove up to a big nearby city for some shopping, relaxing, etc. We used hotel points so the stay didn't cost us a dime - even included breakfast! We did go out to eat, but split meals, took home leftovers and stayed at $40 or under a day. We shopped, but only bought things we truly needed and left a lot of stuff in the stores. We even went to a few casinos - signed up for their clubs, gambled our free sign up money and put in $5 more each just for fun.
2. Took the kids to a local children's museum. We have an annual pass, so didn't cost anything, packed snacks and drinks.
3. Did a few mystery shops for lunches and even groceries.
4. Had a movie and popcorn night - with hot chocolate, my DD's favorite.
5. Lots of playing with the kids!!!!
6. Baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with DD.
7. Spent a little bit of time playing outside early in the week - then it got too cold - hence all the outside activities (zoo, park, etc.) were cancelled.
So, overall a great time. Now, back to the normal workweek - and although I wasn't off most of the week, I did spend more time playing and less time working, so I have a lot to do.
I'm going to make today my catch up day and take care of all the paperwork as well as a big work project I've been procrastinating on!