Monday, April 28, 2008

Work, work, work . . .

Whew, it was a fun weekend, but now it's back to the grind. I am feeling overwhelmed, so I have to remind myself to tackle one step at a time. I didn't check my emails all weekend, nor did I handle any paperwork, so it was a relaxing time, but now I have to pay as everything has piled back up. Today I'll work on clearing my desk and catching up on emails.

We hit our first garage sales for the season Saturday and did quite well! Our DD was excited to go, and we gave her $4 to put in her purse (since she is 4). She ended up spending 75 cents, so she is set for the next time we go out.

I found a few great deals! I was able to purchase an entire Pottery Barn nursery set for $12 - I don't need a nursery set, but I know I will be able to make some money on it via ebay - hopefully enough to pay for all our other purchases. On every outing, I try to pick up one or two items to resell that will cover the cost of anything else we buy - it makes for fun hunting and free weekend outings! I also purchased a Little Tykes art desk for the kiddos - very good condition and something they will get a lot of use out of. We picked up a few books and three Dora videos also. All in all, a great trip and we had a lot of fun.

We used to stop and get coffee and bagels before we took off, and I'm sure sometimes we still will, but Saturday I made a pot of coffee at home and we ate pancakes before we left. We then loaded up our travel mugs with the coffee and took off - that way we started the day off ahead!

As for my healthy eating, I'm doing a great job on paying attention to what I eat - man was my snacking out of control! I also made up my grocery list and menu plan for the week and it's full of veggies! I've been trying out a few recipes from the Sonoma Diet book and they are WONDERFUL! I highly recommend them, and I'll do some reviews next month as I cook from it more consistently.

Well, enough rambling for today - on to cleaning off my desk!

No comments: