Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Date Night

I think it is so important to spend quality time with your spouse. However, a weekly date night can get pretty expensive! My DH and I have commited to one night a week with just the two of us and we do a pretty good job of keeping the cost down.

For example, instead of a traditional Friday or Saturday night out, we almost always go out on Monday or Tuesday. Reason? We are blessed enough to have our moms come up every other week for a few days to watch our kids while we work. So, on Monday and Tuesday we have a free "babysitter."

Another thing we often do was what last night's date night consisted of - a mystery shop. We went out to a nice restaurant for a full meal (appetizer, entrees and dessert) and won't pay a dime for it. I've been doing mystery shops for years so I'm pretty efficient and it only took me about 1/2 when we got home last night to type in the report.

So, this week our date night was a nice dinner out, just the two of us, completely free!

No comments: