Monday, April 21, 2008

Healthy Eating

So, for May my focus is going to be on healthy eating. There are several reasons I picked it first. First of all, I hope that it's a habit I can continue on for the rest of the year without additional work - once I get comfortable with a new way of life. Second, I've noticed my kids starting to whine about and want more "snacky" type food lately and I'd like to nip that in the bud. Third, I have really let this area of my life go - I used to be an amazingly healthy eater, and I'm just not anymore!

Since May is a few weeks away, I'm not just sitting here in my office eating as many M&M's as I can until May 1st (although the thought did occur to me!). I'm using the next few weeks to do some research to decide (and test out) a few different ideas. For instance, this week I'm trying to eat more veggies and whole grains. That way when May comes I'll hopefully have some better habits started.

I'm also looking for healthy recipes I'd like to try, clearing the pantry of unhealthy choices and doing some research on supplements, additional food sources for whole grains, etc. It's been pretty fun!

I'm heading to the grocery today and my goal is to come home with a carful of only healthy choices!

1 comment:

Growing Hearts said...

Hi there! I've tagged you to do a post on 3 Random Things about yourself. I found your blog on Frugal Hacks, which I'm a part of, too. Let me know on my blog if you do the meme or not! Thanks! :)