Monday, June 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Another week in the freezer! My grocery list is very small - but full of fruits and veggies - so we'll see how much the bill comes to. Lettuce is still plentiful! I just exchanged a cookbook I received as a gift that was a duplicate for Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. Although I don't agree with all of her advice, I do agree with some, and there appear to be many great dishes. So, four of my dinners are going to come from that book this week.

Monday - Pepper Steak (NT, p.331), broccoli
Tuesday - Crock Pot chicken, mashed potatoes, salad
Wednesday - Baked Whitefish (NT, p. 260), salad, Gingerbread (NT, p.547)
Thursday - Southwestern Pork Chops, corn, salad
Friday - Chicken Gumbo (NT, p.289), brown rice
Saturday - Beans and Rice, Jamacian style (NT, p.501)
Sunday - Crab legs, leftovers

Breakfast will be cereal, steel cut oatmeal, or eggs; I didn't make the cinammon scones last week, so they might appear this week

Lunches will be leftovers, salads, soups and maybe one picnic day of sandwiches

We aren't planning on going out to eat at all this week because next week DH and I are taking a little getaway to Las Vegas (kids to grandma's) so we know we'll eat all our meals out that week!

1 comment:

Aleryan said...

Menu looks good! I hope you have fun in Vegas! If you want to know a good little place off the beaten path, but still on Las Vegas Blvd try "Potato Valley." It's in the Legal District (downtown Las Vegas, close to the Fremont experience.) It's my all time favorite place. Here's a link to the website: http://www.usmenuguide.com/potatovalleycafe.html
Hope you have fun here!!