Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June - time to exercise!

Well, now that June is here, I'm going to make my monthly focus physical fitness. To me, there are three components to physical fitness, and I'm going to laser focus on one each week: cardio, strength and flexibility. Since there are four weeks in June, here's my plan and goals:

Week 1: vacation - how to successfully exercise while traveling
Week 2: cardio - consistently manage 5 days a week 30 minutes a day
Week 3: strength - add in 2 to 3 days of strength training
Week 4: flexibility - add in some yoga or some other form of flexibility "training"

Sounds like a lot of work, but hopefully by the end of the month I'll have accomplished the following:

- increase my energy level
- created a fitness routine that encompasses all aspects and that I can maintain with my lifestyle
- created a "habit" of regular exercise
- do all this without spending a fortune
Here we go . . .

No comments: