Friday, October 10, 2008

Money Saving Tip!

It's Friday and I like to end the week with a frugal tip if I can!

We've been going to garage sales quite a bit recently and there are deals to be had. However, it's good to keep in mind that even though an item is "only" $1, if you don't need the item, it's still not a bargain. To keep myself from going crazy when prices are rock bottom, I even do my garage sale shopping with a list - actually the same list I keep for all my shopping!

Example: Right now, my list includes:

Breadmaker
Air Popper (going to try to roast coffee beans!)
Khaki and/or Denim skirt for me
White Turtleneck for daughter

If I see something that's not on that list, then I don't buy it. Once in a while of course I'll see something that isn't on the list that I have an immediate use for, but even then, before I purchase, I'll ask myself the following questions: "Is it a need or a want?" "How often will I use it?" "Will I get tired of it and get rid of it in 3 years?"

This will help save money!!!

No comments: