Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Fun - the county fair

Gotta love the county fair for fun, cheap entertainment. We live in a suburb of a city, but our county fair is a true 4-H fair. No rides, no "professional" vendors, just local groups, good food and lots of animals. Plus, the prices are fantastic - try 50 cents for games, $1.50 for ice cream, etc.

Last night we took the kids to enjoy the fun. For under $20, we all had dinner and dessert, my daughter played three games (and actually WON all of them), and she got to make a little sand art necklace. We also spent a lot of time in the animal barns admiring and even learning a little about all the animals. My little 4 year old daughter even got to walk a Llama - she felt very grown up doing that!

This is something we look forward to every year. Even if you live in a city, search around and you might be able to find a county fair in a nearby suburb!

As I'm out of town most of this week on business, my family fun will be crammed into Fri/ Sat/ Sunday. But still - I'm going to make the most of what time I have available so we'll have some fun on those days. And, on one of those days at least a portion of the day will be a girls day - my son had his time alone with Mommy, so my daughter gets hers also! I'm still in the planning stages, but it will be fun and inexpensive!

No comments: