Thursday, July 10, 2008

Travel Thursdays

Today I'm starting a series on saving money while traveling. I'll post a new topic every Thursday. Our family travels a lot - example, this summer we will have been gone for 37 days. Yet, we don't spend that much when we go places. To me, travel is important for several reasons:
- it exposes kids to new experiences and ways of living
- it creates strong family memories
- it allows you to spend a lot of family time together without the everyday distractions

I have always done a lot of traveling - as a kid, we didn't have a lot of extra money, but we would load up my Aunt's travel trailer or the tent and take off for several weeks each summer. In the winter, we'd drive down to Florida to visit my grandparents. These are some of my favorite childhood memories.

So, over the next few weeks, I'll cover my thoughts, ideas and suggestions on the following topics:

1. Where to go?
2. How to get there?
3. Where to stay?
4. What to eat?
5. What to do?
6. Misc. tips
7. Real life trip examples

Hope you enjoy this series and get a few helpful tips to get you on the road!

No comments: