Sunday, July 6, 2008

July's goal - focus on the kids!

Amazing how I am already three months into my little project!

This promises to be a fun month for me! Not that I won't continue to try to eat healthy and exercise regularly, but my focus for the month is to spend more quality time with the kids.

I actually feel like I spend a lot more time with my kids than many working mothers - and I can truly say I really enjoy them and I like to be with them. But, I often feel like I'm "stealing" moments or planning fun things at the last minute. I'd rather be ahead of the game!

My current plan is to try to be more organized and plan ahead a bit more. So, on Monday morning when I plan out my work week, I'm going to add in a few extra "appointments." I will plan at least one "family fun activity" during the week (weekends always consist of something fun to do as a family), I will add in one weekly "learning and fun" activity for the kids, and once this month I will make sure and spend some one on one time with each child.

For reference, I have a four year old DD and a 19 month old DS. If this works, I'll continue to do it on a weekly or monthly basis - we'll see what seems to work best.

No comments: