Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Eliminating High Fructose Corn Syrup

One of the things I've been looking at this week is sweeteners. I keep hearing about how awful the additives are and I have to admit I feel strongly that anything in it's natural state has to be better than something artificial, but man this corn syrup is in EVERYTHING!

I was getting ready to pour myself a bowl of what I thought was healthy shredded wheat and low and behold - what was in it? High Fructose corn syrup. So, I made a pot of steel cut oats - a new experience for me this month. I sweetened them with honey and wow was it a terrific breakfast. I think we are going to eat up all the cereal we have and then I'm going to go on a mission to find a few that are fairly natural - I've had the Kashi Go Lean a number of times and really like it, so that will be one I'll check out. Any other suggestions would be welcome!

I'll probably be MIA the next few days, but we'll catch up over the weekend!

No comments: