Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Misc.

Well, I've been trying hard to combine errands into one errand day and today was a great example of that! It took me two hours to complete everything, but I crossed off all the errands for the week on my to do list. That is a great feeling! And with gas at $3.95/gallon I need to drive as little as possible.

The tilapia last night was wonderful and easy - I just sprinkled it with some olive oil, salt, freshly ground pepper and cumin and baked it at 425 until flaky. The cucumber salsa was diced cucumbers, red peppers, onion, a little olive oil and a little white wine vinegar. I had some left over, so I put it on my salad for lunch today and it made a great dressing. We ate outside on the screened- in porch which I love to do if the weather is nice. For sides we had fresh corn on the cob, a salad and fresh asparagus from my mother's garden.

Tonight is a date night - we are doing a mystery shop, but with gas the price it is, I'm starting to wonder if I should consider cutting down on the number of shops we do - instead we might have to start walking over to Starbucks for a coffee for our date night - which actually doesn't sound bad at all!

No comments: