Monday, May 19, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Well, this is an odd week of dinners as we are leaving for a graduation/ vacation on Friday and will be gone for three weeks! I still have to work, so I'll be lugging my laptop along, but there will be plenty of time for fun too! So, this week we are going to eat up what we have in the fridge but still try to do it healthfully!

Monday - Mediterranean grilled pork kabobs, fresh asparagus (courtesy of mom!), corn on the cob, brown rice
Tuesday - Chicken fried rice w/leftover rice from Monday
Wednesday - Mystery shop
Thursday - Leftovers - probably some fried rice, salads, fruit
Friday - on the road - maybe Taco Bell with our free drinks? (bean burritos are yummy and good)
Saturday - Graduation party
Sunday - cookout with family

Breakfast will be eggs until they are gone, then oatmeal, cereal and pancakes
Lunches will be homemade mac & cheese, grilled cheese, pb&j, salads and soups

I'm going to be busy this week preparing for our trip, but when I have free time I plan on doing some research on preservatives and food additives - this is something that concerns me because I just feel like we shouldn't add unnatural things to our foods, but I don't really know why - it just "seems" wrong to me. So, I thought I'd like to understand some real or scientific reasoning behind it!

No comments: