Friday, May 16, 2008

Frugal Weekend Plans

Well, thank goodness it is Friday - I am in need of a weekend! We have some fun plans for this weekend too! Tonight the elementary school within walking distance is having a little festival, so we'll head over there for games, food and fun. Tomorrow is the motherload of garage sales in our town - it seems like every neighborhood is having a sale, so I suspect we'll hit some of them. Then tomorrow night is girls night out, so after the kids go to bed we are going to hit a local restaurant for a drink and comedian. Will be fun and under $20. Sunday will be church and my DS's 18 month pictures. Then we plan on going to the park if the weather is nice.

This morning I tried the cinnamon scone recipe from Keeper of the Home - it was yummy and so easy to start last night and them bake this morning. I used oat flour because that's what I had on hand, and honey as the sweetener. So, my second attempt at soaking grains has been successful. The Steel Cut Oats for breakfast are quickly becoming a mainstay! I think I'll attempt pizza dough next.

No comments: